LOG-STO: What is it?
- LOG-STO represents Christian schools from Newton, Oskaloosa, Peoria, Pella and Sully.
- This organization was created to provide tuition scholarships for qualifying families whose children attend one of the Christian Schools listed above.
- The Education Opportunities Act was passed by the Iowa Legislature in 2006 to allow Iowa taxpayers to receive an Iowa tax credit equal to 65% of the total amount of cash contributions made to a School Tuition Organization.
How Donations Work
- Money can be donated to LOG-STO by families from each school, the society, and the community.
- For the amount of money donated, the taxpayer will receive an Iowa tax credit equal to 65% of the cash contribution to the STO.
- A tax credit is taken directly off the amount you owe in state taxes.
- The donated money is then distributed to the qualifying families whose Children attend one of the STO schools.
- LOG-STO is only able to offer tax credit on $117,000 by the end of December.
- Consider this opportunity to get a tax credit, and allow to help students and families that choose Christian education.
- State Income Taxes = $1,500
- Money donated to LOG-STO = $500
- Tax Credit (65% of $500) = $325
- State Income Taxes after tax credit = $1,175
LOG-STO would in turn use the $500 to give tuition grants to qualifying families whose children attend Christian Schools from Newton, Oskaloosa, Peoria, Pella, and Sully.
For further information visit LOG-STO online.